GAME STATISTICS | LIVE BLOG
MADISON, Wisconsin – Canada’s National Women’s Under-18 Team closed out the preliminary round at the 2022 IIHF U18 Women’s World Championship with a loss, falling 7-0 to the United States on Thursday.
- Jocelyn Amos (Ailsa Craig, Ont./London, OWHA U22 Elite) registered three shots on goal and was named Player of the Game.
- Sara Swiderski (Langley, B.C./RHA Kelowna, CSSHL) led all Canadian skaters in time on ice with 21:16.
- Hailey MacLeod (Abbotsford, B.C./Delta Hockey Academy, CSSHL) made 13 saves in just over 26 minutes before being relieved by Mari Pietersen (Goodwood, Ont./Etobicoke, OWHA U22 Elite), who made 14 saves.
- The United States outshot Canada 34-25.
Canada vs. Slovakia (quarterfinals) – Friday, June 10 (5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT)
TSN and RDS, the official broadcast partners of Hockey Canada, will broadcast both quarterfinals, both semifinals, and the bronze and gold medal games; check local listings for details.
“Sometimes you lose focus and stop understanding that you are going to have more success as a team out there. We can not let ourselves get down. [We have] three more games to win, so we have to go into those thinking that good things are going to happen. We have to move forward and do our best to get through our next game against Slovakia.”
- Head coach Howie Draper (Edmonton, Alta./University of Alberta, CW) on the loss
“We are doing a good job handling our emotions. Obviously it’s a huge rivalry and we wanted to win, but we are already looking ahead to our next game. We generated momentum [while playing at five-on-five], which is good for our team but we need to make sure that we are getting more shots on net. We are going to regroup as a team tonight, and we will be ready to go tomorrow.”
- Sarah MacEachern (Cornwall, P.E.I./Etobicoke, OWHA U22 Elite) on tonight’s game and focusing on next game
For more information on Hockey Canada and Canada’s National Women’s Under-18 Team, please visit HockeyCanada.ca, or follow along through social media on on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.